Virtue Quadrangle Blue Meh Dai
I have a special passion towards Meh Dai carrier (aka Mei Tai or 孭帶 in Cantonese). A native Cantonese person born in Hong Kong, I grew up in this style of carrier myself.
I believes it's possible to incorporate the traditional Cantonese design with modern comfort, so I opt for a wrap sling strap during the design process. We are aware that some parents like the look of woven wrap but don't like the learning curve (e.g. my own husband!) so we want to create a Meh Dai that look like woven wrap and I think we have achieved that! Our Meh Dai is often mistaken for a woven wrap!
True to the Cantonese tradition, where Meh Dai usually have meaningful blessing embroidered into the sling, we work with our pattern designer to come up with positive symbols from traditional Estonian folk art.
Our Meh Dais are locally woven with 100% cotton Oeko-Tex Standard 100 yarn and handcrafted with love by local tailors. They are elegant and very easy to use. The fabric is very soft, yet strong and supportive. The design is adjustable. This is an ultimate Meh Dais that are soft enough for newborn yet strong enough to be 'toddler-worthy'. Our Meh Dais are made with all natural materials. We intentionally have not included include any synthetic material in the making of the sling - no plastic adjustment bits, no synthetic padding!
- Virtue Quadrangle pattern design is inspired by an important element in Estonian folk art. Each corner of the quadrangle has a significant meaning and symbolizes wisdom, diligence, creativity and love
- 100% cotton Oeko-Tex Standard 100 yarn, 240g/m2.
- Handcrafted by skilled Estonian tailors who have experience in high end fashion industry
- Adjustable ties both at the top and at the bottom, suitable for all children from newborn babies to toddlers
- Shoulder straps have generous width to ensure extra comfort
- Adjustable hood is perfect for baby’s nap time or extra privacy during breastfeeding
- Four loops on the straps to attach the hood, or to attach teething toys, bibs and other items
- 100% cotton padding around the waist for extra comfort.
- It comes with a carrier bag with the same fabric, you can carry your Meh Dai in your nappy bag or in the pram storage when you are out and about!
- Limited edition
If you want to see our Meh Dai in action, check out our YouTube channel for a full demonstration.
Please note that this item is on backorder, there will be a delay in delivery.